The Women and Men to Work program is for women and men in Los Angeles who are actively looking for employment. With the support from government funds, the Women & Men to Work program can help remove or reduce barriers to employment, in turn creating a more open pathway to securing and retaining employment.
Who Is The Program For
This program is supported by government funds that assist our residents who are experiencing barriers to employment. Barriers might include homelessness, incarceration, domestic violence, mental and physical disabilities, poverty, lack of childcare, and transportation issues.
How to Qualify
Our residents must be actively looking for work and qualifying participants must be receiving General Relief and/or DPSS (Department of Public Social Services) food benefits, and EBT Card funds.
Participants will receive full access to our computer lab, networking opportunities, skill-building classes, and one-on-one support from area professionals, staff, and volunteers who can assist with creating a resume, cover letter, and systems to successfully seek employment.
- Resources to overcome barriers to employment, such as transportation & childcare
- A professional job portfolio including a targeted resume, cover letter, references, & application
- Access to our staffed computer lab to build your computer skills, attend workshops & apply for jobs
- An ability to identify & communicate strengths
- Motivation from our weekly Action Group
- A boost in confidence for employment success
- Opportunities to network with employers
- Professional interview and work clothing
- Help prepare for the interview
- Financial Coach support
Reach Out to Us!
In case you need any assistance or more, please do not hesitate to connect with us today!